VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact.
Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty.
We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Salary: As per organization rule
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract length: 6 months
Full Time: 35 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 21 Nov 2020
Will be lead reference point for the ECD and early grade component in inclusive education project, will provide strategic leadership and ensure technical leadership in addressing ECD and early grades issues in overall management of the program management together with the partner organizations, through empowering, monitoring and support mechanism for quality implementation of the project in working districts and support government on ECD and early grade related policy formulation in federal, provincial and local level.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in education and having strong knowledge on early childhood education and development. Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team.
- At least 5 years work experience in the sector of ECD, particularly working with women, children and youth in the vulnerable community.
Technical insights on Managing education programmes
- Experience of education programmes/ projects and experience of identifying, analyzing, problem solving, responding to opportunities and challenges, and the ability to translate ideas into practical action
- Practical experience of applying development issues at a project schools/communities and education management level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of ECD and early grades with strong focus on education related issues and policies in Nepal.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of development issues particularly on ECD.
- Facilitating skills, and skills on assessments of possible partners etc.
- Experience of strengthening capacity of partners and development stakeholders on education policy and plans.
Insights on program management and advisory support
- Previous experience of working together with different partners in project management
- Project monitoring and reporting
- Ability to analyses information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
Networking for collaboration and partnership
- Linkage building with development stakeholders for increased collaborative endeavors
- Communicate with Government partners (Education) formally and effectively.
- Represent VSO in different networks and stakeholder.
Volunteering for Development – Understanding and valuing the role of volunteering for development. Familiarity with diverse models of volunteer engagement and the volunteer journey – proven ability to leverage volunteer engagements to deliver ECD aspect in local level. Personal experience of volunteering for development is a significant plus.
Information Technology – Good level of computer skills (Windows, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook, Internet).
Travel requirement: Able to travel in different parts of project areas in country and spend time away from work- base location.
Commitment to VSO’s mission, values, People First principles and core approaches (Social Inclusion and Gender, Social Accountability, and Resilience).
VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
- Experience of working with or as volunteer
- Experience in advocacy and research work
- Experience on media and/or social media campaigns
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
“Please note, this is a re-advertised position. Therefore, the applicants who have applied in the previous announcement need not to apply again”.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, Please fill in the application form at